UPIMAC adopts a participatory approach to solving problems, working in partnership with client organizations to improve knowledge and competence. As a firm we emphasize team work and sharing of knowledge in the continuous pursuit of excellence. We aim to contribute in innovative ways to enhancing economic and social advancement of the poor and underprivileged on one-hand and institutional building and development on the other. Our work focuses on reducing mass poverty through:
• Improving access to and the efficiency of key services for the poor (education, health, water, social assistance);
• More effective and accountable public expenditure management;
• Capacity building and training tailored to the specific needs of its clients;
• More effective macroeconomic management, public sector management, sector policies and programmes;
• Providing support for effective policy making and citizen accountability and;
• Governance reform.
UPIMAC has established collaborative links with both local and international firms and a range of individual Consultants in order to respond to the client’s technical needs. The firm’s approach closely follows the understanding of the needs and expectations of the engagement. In this regard, our approach ensures that we:
• Understand the current and future directions of the business framework within which the entity operates and relevant solutions.
• Provide outcomes based on an innovative and customized approach.
• Respond quickly and flexibly to clients’ needs within tight time frame.
• Focus on value added opportunities to maximize the services provided during the assignments.
• Use a collaborative approach with the client to ensure that the best outcome is obtained.
High quality and personalized service is part of UPIMAC culture. The commitment to render high quality services is emphasized by the composition of its team. The firm boasts of more than 20 professionals with wide experience working with local authorities, development partners and public institutions including various sectors under the Central Government and NGOs. Through UPIMAC’s policy research and development, strategic advice and management capacity, we are able to link strategic vision to best operational practice. We combine analytical rigor with practical know-how which enables our consultants to provide solutions.